Here’s a Joseph Michaels International small world story that actually took place on an airplane recently…
I gave my friend Dan Mytels, one of the top business brokers in the bay area, a Joseph Michaels International golf shirt. (No, I promise I’m not selling my business, it just so happens he’s a friend.) At any rate, we went golfing and I gave him a shirt.
The next day Dan’s getting on a plane at SFO wearing his Joseph Michaels International golf shirt and some woman, wild with excitement, jumps up and outta her seat yelling, “Oh, Oh, Joseph Michaels”, like the guy from the old Welcome Back Cotter T.V. show. My friend Dan said the woman was just so excited and she asked him,”Joseph Michaels.. do you know them?” “Did they find you a job?” Dan smiled and said proudly, “No I’m friend of the owner, do you know Joe Pelayo?” Dan asked. “I’m his mother.” said my Mom! It’s a small world!!! Thanks Mom and Dan for the in-air commercial.
Here’s an Economic Update, a list of Talent for Hire and Positions Available, and an invite to a great networking event on December 5th. Hope to see you there. If you’re thinking of hiring, think Joseph Michaels International and give us a call at 800-786-1099.
Here’s the good news from “Louis Rukeyser’s Wall Street”. Lou said, “Well it’s the week before Thanksgiving but starving investors and Wall Street have already been feasting on the early bird special…Sliced Bear…stocks may be a long way from their highs, but they’ve also been moving up smartly from their lows. Climbing as always the wall of worry and pessimism that normally accompanies a turn around… The Dow Jones industrial average has been up for 7 weeks straight… The bottom line is that after the market touched 5 years lows, its been looking more like an eagle than a Turkey!… S&P has soared 20% the Dow 21%, the NASDAQ fully 32% and the Merrill Lynch technology index a nose bleed inducing 59%… And how do you like them feathers? Well put Lou and good show Friday.
Speaking of great shows, you are cordially invited to attend the below networking event. Hope to see you there.
This is a great networking event I went to this last year and will go again this year. Proceeds benefit the local food bank.
This from Mike Hilton: President of the Institute of Management Accountants…
Dear IMA Members, Friends and Guests:
As you may know, Thursday, December 5 is the annual IMA Holiday Party at the Waterfront Hotel, Jack London Square, Oakland, hosted this year by four local chapters: Oakland-East Bay, Diablo Valley, San Francisco and Amador Valley.
Reservations to date indicate a good crowd this year, (over 50 RSVP’s so far!) and we may have to reserve a larger room to accommodate everyone. To do this we need to reasonably estimate our turnout, and to do that, we need your reservation as soon as possible. So to ensure you don’t miss the IMA event of the year, please make your reservation and meal choice now (unless, of course, you are one of the many who have already done so), by replying to this email. Thanks for your cooperation in making this a great evening!
Thursday, December 5, 2002
Institute of Management Accountants Meeting
Oakland-East Bay, Diablo Valley, San Francisco & Amador Valley Chapters
Topic: After the Fall: What Next for the Post-Bubble Economy?
Place: Waterfront Plaza Hotel, Jack London Square, Oakland
Time: 5:30 p.m. Socializing 6:30 p.m. Dinner 7:30 p.m. Presentation
For the Festive Holiday Dinner: Choice of either Prime Rib w/au jus and Herbed New Potatoes, Broiled Filet of Salmon with Basmati Rice, or Vegetarian “Chef’s Choice”
Our Speaker for the Evening: Gary Schlossberg, Vice President & Senior Economist, Wells Fargo & Co.
Gary will assess the economy and the financial market outlook now that the dot.com phenomenon is over. He will also discuss some of the longer-term ramifications of global uncertainty and unrest, and how economic performance and investment themes may shape stock and bond market strategy.
For reservations, simply reply to this email with your dinner choice. For more details, please contact Mike Hilton at (415) 973-6134 (work) or email@example.com (home).
- CFO for pre-IPO Semiconductor company $200-300K
- Chief Accounting Officer SEC guru $160K East Bay
- Purchasing Manager San Rafael $75K
- Director of Patient Financial Services Hospital Monterey $90K
- Accountant Hospital Monterey $65K
- Controller Homebuilder Monterey $75K
- Audit Manager CPA with 4+ years in Big 4 SF $75K
- Director of Internal Audit Manager for Large Silicon Valley Mfg. $120K
- Property Accountant SF $60K
- Manager Litigation Support – Healthcare – market $
- Cost Analyst Modesto $75K
- Tax Accountant, CPA Santa Rosa $70K
It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; It’s a depression when you lose your own.
~ Harry S. Truman, The Observer, April, 6th 1958.
TALENT FOR HIRE
- CFO $300K Public Co. – Completed eight acquisitions-IPO-Tripled Analyst coverage
- CFO $240K Fortune 500 and successful start up/spin off.
- CFO $230K Successfully completed three rounds of venture capital financing $28MM
- CFO $200K Bioscience Superstar – Raised 32 Million VC
- Director of Internal Audit $160K Fortune 1000
- Controller $150K Biotech industry experience SEC, 10-Q, 10-K
- Controller $125K Experienced Hospital Controller CPA
- Tax Manager $120K – IRS savvy negotiator
- Federal Tax Manager – $110K FAS109 expert -Compliance, R&D Tax credits.
- Director of Financial Reporting $110K CPA
- Controller $100K Small company superstar, board member, business leader.
- Cost Accounting Manager $100K High Tech Manufacturing
- FP&A1 $100K Financial Planning Manager, Stanford Graduate. M&A
- Assistant Controller 12 years experience $100K
- SEC Reporting Manager $90K Big 5 CPA – 10-Q 10-K
- State & Local & Sales & Use Tax Manager$90K, Heavy Audit exp. Nexus expert
- Director of Financial Planning $85K. Big 4 CPA 10 years exp.
- Revenue Manager 85K SEC SOP 97-2. CPA
- Accounting Manager $80KCPA International Consolidations
- Manager of FP&A $80K CPA Hyperion Pillar
- Sr. Tax Analyst, CPA $80K. Independent, Strong compliance, FAS109
- Accounting Manager $80K CPA Software industry
- Audit Manager $80K Big 5 CPA
- Cost Accountant $70K Implemented Oracle 11i
- Treasury Analyst MBA $70K
- Senior Accountant $70K CPA with SEC and software revenue recognition.
- Financial Analyst $65K Oracle Financial Analyzer
- Accountant/Inventory Control 65K
- Accountant $65K or Director of Finance Non Profit
- Hospital Accountant $65K
- General Ledger Accountant $60K BA Accounting 4 years
- Accountant $55K 3 years g/l in a med. sized Manufacturer
- Financial Analyst $60K Hyperion Essbase
- Financial Analyst $60K Oracle 11i expert
- Property Accountant $60K 4 years real estate experience
- Accountant $50K Non Profit with budgeting and fund accounting
- Accountant $50K Manufacturing SAP and other systems exp
- AP Super clerk $45K 2 years experience
- AR professional $45K Credit Collections and posting to GL
For an immediate full resume, reply with the number of the Candidate(s) you are interested in the subject line. Don’t see what you need? We have others, give us a call today… Joseph Michaels International @ 800-786-1099! Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Pelayo, C.P.C.
Joseph Michaels International
Global Recruiting Solutions
One of the top 75 Recruiters in the United States ~ Recruiter Life Magazine