My Book is Done!
Good afternoon. I’d like to thank those of you who over the past 10+ years have read my newsletter, “The Network” and wrote back saying… “You know Joe, you should write a book!”
I’m pleased to announce I have finally taken your collective advice, wrestled Old Man Procrastination to the ground, and completed my book! You will recognize a number of your favorite short stories from past “Networks.”
It’s something I have been working on for a long time. Starting out very slowly at first and then, barricading myself in the office the last two weeks, only allowing access to the pizza deliveryman as I neared the book’s completion.
I am looking for a few brave souls to read the first WORD draft and give me testimonial quotes for use on the front and back cover, inside the book and or in promotional materials. So, if you’d like your name in a New York Times best-seller, (Well, that’s the plan anyway) and are willing to read it and provide a testimonial, please ping me back with “Book” in the subject line. I will send you a copy and I will owe you a favor. It’s good to have a headhunter owe you a favor.
“If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are gone, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.”
~ Ben Franklin
The Good News… “Fresh evidence of a Valley rebound came Friday. The jobless rate in Santa Clara County, home to tech giants such as Intel and Hewlett-Packard, tumbled in December to the lowest rate since September 2001.”
~ USA Today
California’s unemployment rate was 6.4 percent in December, down from a revised 6.5 percent in November, the state Employment Development Department (EDD) reported today. A year ago, in December 2002, California’s unemployment rate was 6.9 percent.
If you have the “Sarbanes Oxley Blues,” click here for a song sent in by “The Network” Newsletter subscriber Dan Ruchman, enjoy.
[Newsletter Subscribers Only]
Here’s an updated list of Positions Available. Thank you for your referrals. If you refer someone and we find them a job in 2004 we will give you a Nordstrom gift certificate worth $250.00.
- Treasurer $200K East Bay
- Audit Sr. Manager, Big 4 CPA International Travel $125K
- Accounting Manager, CPA $105K San Mateo
- Corp Reporting Manager $100K South Bay
- Accounting Manager $90K – 100K Monterey – Big 4 CPA preferred
- Controller Florida Toy Manufacturer $100K
- Plant Manager East Bay Food Company 100K
- HR Director Monterey $80-90K
- Senior Accountant $80K Silicon Valley 10-Q, 10-K and acquisition analysis
- Accounting/Office Manager Salinas $50K
- Oakland Non-Profit needs Proactive Controller $80K
- Cost Accountant $75K San Jose
- Cost Financial Analyst $75K San Jose
- 3+ years in public for Sr. Auditors and Sr. Forensic Auditors $75K San Jose
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us if you’re hiring!
1 (800) 786-1099
Joe Pelayo, C.P.C.
Joseph Michaels International
Global Recruiting Solutions
One of the top 75 Recruiters in the United States ~ Recruiter Life Magazine